1. Damush TM, Kroenke K, Bair MJ, et al. Pain self-management training increases self-efficacy, self-management behaviours and pain and depression outcomes. Eur J Pain. 2016;20:1070-1078.
2. Weydert JA, Shapiro, DE, Acra SA, Monheim CJ, Chambers AS, Ball TM. Evaluation of guided imagery as treatment for recurrent abdominal pain in children: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics. 2006;6:29.
3. Paul G, Elam B, Verhulst SJ. A longitudinal study of students’ perceptions of using deep breathing meditation to reduce testing stresses. Teach Learn Med. 2007;19:287-292.
4. Mizrahi MC, Reicher-Atir R, Levy S, et al. Effects of guided imagery with relaxation training on anxiety and quality of life among patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Psychol Health. 2012;27:1463-1479.
5. Hoffart MB, Keene EP. The Benefits of visualization: Research suggests that visualization promotes relaxation, enhances sleep, reduces pain, and increases creativity. Am J Nurs. 1998;98:44-47.