1. Hou JK, Lee D, Lewis J. Diet and inflammatory bowel disease: review of patient-targeted recommendations. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;12:1592-1600.
2. Jamieson AE, Fletcher PC, Schneider MA. Seeking control through the determination of diet: a qualitative investigation of women with irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Nurse Spec. 2007;21:152-160.
3. Cohen AB, Lee D, Long MD, et al. Dietary patterns and self-reported associations of diet with symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1322-1328.
4. Owctarek D, Rodacki T, Domagala-Rodacka R, Cibor D, Mach T. Diet and nutritional factors in inflammatory bowel diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:895-905.
5. Lee D, Suskind D. Individualized food-based dietary therapy for Crohn’s disease: Are we making progress? Dig Dis Sci. 2016:61:958-960., Magee EA, Edmond LM, Tasker SM, Kong SC, Curno R, Cummings JH. Associations between diet and disease activity in ulcerative colitis patients using a novel method of data analysis. Nutr J. 2005;4:7.
6. Croagh C, Sheperd SJ, Berryman M, Muir JG, Gibson PR. Pilot study on the effect of reducing dietary FODMAP intake on bowel function in patients without a colon. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2007;13:1522-1528.
7. Gearry RB, Irving PM, Barrett JS, Nathan DM, Shepherd SJ, Gibson PR. Reduction of dietary poorly absorbed short-chain carbohydrates (FODMAPs) improves abdominal symptoms in patients with inflammatory bowel disease - a pilot study. J Crohns Colitis. 2009;3:8-14.
8. Marcason W. What is the FODMAP diet? J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012;112:1696.
9. Zhan YL, Zhan YA, Dai SX. Is a low FODMAP diet beneficial for patients with inflammatory bowel disease? A meta-analysis and systematic review. Clin Nutr. 2018 Feb;37(1):123-129.
10. Woolner J, Parker T, Kirby G, Hunter J. The development and evaluation of a diet maintaining remission in Crohn’s disease. J Hum Nutr Diet. 1998;11:1-11. Altomare R, Damiano G, Abruzzo A, et al. Enteral nutrition support to treat malnutrition in inflammatory bowel disease. Nutrients. 2015;7:2125-2133.
11. Zachos M, Tondeur M, Griffiths AM. Enteral nutritional therapy for induction of remission in Crohn’s disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;24:CD000542., Candy S, Borok G, Wright JP, Boniface V, Goodman R. The value of an elimination diet in the management of patients with ulcerative colitis. S Afr Med J. 1995;85:1176-1179.
12. Caprilli R, Gassull MA, Escher JC, et al. European evidence based consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn’s disease: special situations. Gut. 2006;55(Suppl. 1):36-58.
13. Woolner J, Parker T, Kirby G, Hunter J. The development and evaluation of a diet maintaining remission in Crohn’s disease. J Hum Nutr Diet. 1998;11:1-11.